- March 11, 2021
- Posted by: Raymond Gibbons
- Category: Business Support
Applications for the Small Business Assistance Scheme for Covid OPENS TODAY 11th March, 2021. Applications should be made to the Local Authority. Closing date for receipt of applications is 21st April, 2021.
An overview of the scheme is as follows or you can watch the video with full details here
- the scheme is available to companies, self-employed, sole traders or partnerships, with a minimum turnover of €50,000 and are not owned and operated by a public body. The Scheme is open to firms that currently employ less than 250 and with current turnover of less than €25m.
- the business is not eligible for CRSS.
- the business operates from a building, or similar fixed physical structure on which business rates are payable – Mobile or home business are not eligible for the support.
- the business must have a current Tax Clearance Certificate from the Revenue Commissioners;
- the turnover of the business over the claim period is estimated to be no more than 25% of the average weekly turnover of the business in 2019; or the projected average weekly turnover of the business for 1st January to 31st March 2021, and 30th of June 2021 where applicable, for businesses that commenced after 1st November 2019, and the financial plans as of end of 2019 should be uploaded with the application;
- the business intends to resume trading in full once Government restrictions are eased;
- all eligible applications receive a first payment of €4,000; and,
- Applications made through the LEO or your local authority and payments will be dispersed in the same format as rates refunds via bank transfer.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.